Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Post About Trash

Today I would like to devote a post to taking out the garbage.

In Korea, you recycle everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.


After nearly two months of practicing the trash, I'm practically a pro.

The city "encourages" recycling, by only picking up trash in specially marked "City of Pyeongtaek" garbage bags, that also happen to be quite pricey. Therefore, in an attempt to save on trashbag purchases, we sort cans, hard plastic (packaging), soft plastic (bags), glass, paper/cardboard, and food waste. After that's all sorted out, we have a city garbage bag that takes 2-3 weeks to fill up - my dad would be so proud.

The food waste bins smell just as good as they look.
- fun fact: the first time I dumped my food waste, 
I also upchucked some food waste. It was just that nasty in there -

Trash/recycling pickup happens once a week, between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. If you miss out on that, your garbage just marinates in your tiny laundry room for another full week, and smells more delicious every minute.

Also, if you murder a little girl and put her bloody uniform in your regular trash instead of the food waste, the trash inspector will find it by the smell and confront you, and your only option will be to throw him down the stairs to his death.

I saw it in a Korean movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment