Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dude, Where's My Phone?

Part II of our big weekend in Seoul started out with a lost cell phone (we left it in a cab on Saturday night), and as a result most of Sunday was consumed by frantic searching.

We tried everything from "find my iPhone" (which does not work in Korea) to calling the (wrong) cab company forty-five times trying to get someone who spoke English, to having the front desk at our hotel check the surveillance tape to try and find the cab number.

Shopping in Itaewon (which is FABULOUS) isn't quite as fun when you have the knowledge that you're about to have to drop $300 on a new iPhone looming over your head. Fortunately, (for our bank account,  unfortunately for me) it kept my husband from buying me a $250 jacket.

At 5pm, we gave up on the search and started to head home. On a whim, we called the phone one last time, and actually got an answer. After tracking down a random girl who spoke Korean and English, we were able to set up a meeting spot with the cab driver to get the phone back.

Naturally, we felt rich for saving $300, and went straight to the market to buy fake designer earrings.

My first Korean clothing purchase.
Detail
 Fancy earrings
First purse (more to come, I'm sure)

1 comments:

Sara said...

Glad at least one iPhone made its way back to you this year. Cute Cute Stuff! I'm excited!!!!

Post a Comment