Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Peace, Love, and Camping

This weekend we "experienced" Korea Burn - South Korea's smaller version of Burning Man.

The Burning Man mission statement has a lot to say about "radical community", "touchstones of value", and "worlds of nature beyond society", but essentially it boils down to a giant beach party where nothing is for sale - sharing is caring! - with lots of sparklers and booze, and where picking up your own garbage is mandatory.

It was a people-watchers' paradise.

I'm going to call it a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was fun, but I just don't see myself going back. I like money, wearing clothes,  taking showers, and not listening to random people get it on, way too much for this lifestyle.







1 comments:

Sara said...

I want to go camping. At least here, we get to hear lions getting it on outside our tent instead of hippies.

Post a Comment