Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Such a lucky, lucky, girl

In Korea, asking someone's age is not only considered polite, I think it's actually a sign that you like/take an interest in them.

Unfortunately, in Korea you give your age as the year of your life that you are "in".

For example, my precious three-week-old nephew is starting his first year, which makes him one right now, and next July he will be two...which makes me dun-dun-dun twenty-nine right now, and THIRTY next month.

And then of course, I get to go back to the US and turn thirty AGAIN next year!
Can you believe this luck? I get to turn thirty, not once, but twice. What girl doesn't want that?

1 comments:

Sara said...

I think we are starting a trend! Larioses must live in a foreign country when they turn 30!

Post a Comment